2020 Rates & Packages
Wheaton Creek Ranch is pleased to offer the following hunt opportunities as part of our Wildlife Management Program. The objective of our program is to preserve and enhance wildlife health and diversity on the ranch.
2020 HUNT SEASON OPENINGS - We have had several great hunts with a few openings due to the strangeness of the year. NOVEMBER 30 THRU DECEMBER 4 - 2 OPENINGS AND DECEMBER 19-23 1 OPENING.
All Inclusive Hunts:
For all inclusive hunts Wheaton Creek Ranch provides gourmet meals, deluxe lodging accommodations (double occupancy for 2x1, private suits for 1x1), private landowner tags, 2 on 1 guide service and field dressing of each animal harvested. The package price does not include New Mexico State License fees ($627 for 2020) or Sales Tax (.067708) or any gratuities associated with the hunt.
All of our hunts are guaranteed land owner tags through New Mexico's Elk Private Lands Use System. Our ranch is private use only, meaning only hunters who have purchased their hunt through us directly have access to can hunt on our land. We have over 15,000 acres of prime elk habitat spread out over 40,000 acres.
Our 2018 Premier Bull Elk Rifle Success Rate: 90%
Our 2018/2019 Premier Cow Elk Rifle Success Rate: 100%
Bull Elk Note:
Although we receive over 200 landowner permits which allow for Bull Elk harvest, we only authorize between 20% - 25%, preserving quality and overall herd health.
Either Sex Archery Hunt
- September 1 - 5 2021 (Available) This is the first hunt of the year. It is an opportunity to catch the Bulls when they are fresh and their habits have not changed due to pressure.
- September 8 - 12 2021 (Available)
- September 15 - 19 RUT 2021 (lAvailable)
- September 20-24 RUT 2021 Available)
Mule Deer Muzzleloader Hunt
- September 26 - October 2 Dates are not final until NMGF sets dates (Available for 2020 and 2021)
- $7,450 + trophy fees > 180
Bull Elk Muzzleloader Hunt
- 2021 October 16-20 RUT (Available) 2021
Bull Elk Rifle Hunt
- 2021 First Rifle Oct. 17-21 (Sold Out) $8,450
- 2021 Second Rifle Oct 23-Oct 27 (2 Openings) $7,950
- We have a few Late Season Bull Hunts in November and in December. Price is $7,450 plus tax. These hunts enjoy several benefits. By then the Bull are in Bachelor herds, they can be scheduled at times that are convenient to your group and the colder the better for the migratory Bull herds in the high country of over 9,000'. that come down into our lower country. These are some of our return hunters favorite hunts. We open them up after our early season is booked, which is right now, so call as soon as you know you're interested.
- EXCLUSIVE FAMILY THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS VACATION WITH BULL AND COW HUNTS AVAILABLE FOR 2021
- These hunts dates are booking each year based on wildlife objectives and customized needs of your group. Contact us at 575-666-2211 or email email@example.com for more information.
Antlerless Elk Hunts in December/January
- 3 day hunt: food, lodging, guide service
- All Antlerless Cow Elk Hunts do NOT include the New Mexico Game and Fish licensing or fees.
- Does NOT include license, fees, tax or gratuity
- We are totally booked for this season 2020-2021. Book early to reserve your hunt for next season 2021/2022.
Merriam Turkey Hunt
- Turkey Hunts are Inclusive of all costs except New Mexico Hunting Licenses, Taxes and Gratuities 1 x 1 add $600
- Spring 2021 Turkey April 15 - May 10
- 1 bird $1,950 - 2 birds $2,450
- We still have a few spots. Call for more information
- Fall/Winter 2021 Turkey
- 1 bird $1,950 - 1 bird only available
- Bow Hunt -- Flexible Dates Available (September 1st - 30th, 2019)
- Rifle Hunt -- Flexible Dates Available (November 1st - 30th, 2019)
- For groups of 6 or more you, your family or friends can reserve our entire Ranch and receive the exclusive use of our accommodations, grounds and all the amenities we have to offer. We enjoy the opportunity to customize our services to your particular groups' desires to give you the best possible experience.
- One on one guides services are an additional $1,500.
Non-Hunter Guest Rates
- $750 per person for Food & Lodging
- $1,500 Ride Along (Accompany hunter with guide)